Kinkuna has a spacious area of 2 acres and is a great venue for family get-togethers, camps, bush walking and outdoor activities.
Kinkuna campsite is situated in “The Falls” area, 12 km east of the township of Killarney.
Kinkuna is ideal for indoor and outdoor camping. It’s previous life was as The Falls State School. The building has been brought to life specifically for group accommodation and camping.
Kinkuna has a spacious area of 2.5 acres that is solely your private area. It is a great venue for family get-togethers, camps, bush walking and outdoor activities.
Visitors can travel to Kinkuna via Killarney, turning onto Spring Creek Road for the Falls Drive, going past Brown’s Falls, Dagg’s Falls and Queen Mary Falls or via Boonah with a view of the Tiviot Falls and Carr’s Lookout.
Either of the above journeys will provide travellers with a small taste of the open eucalypt woodlands and rainforests of the area.
* Sunken kitchen with: a dining area fully equipped with 2 electric stoves, 2 fridges, 2 sinks, hot water system, tables, chairs, kettle, toaster, cutlery, crockery, pots, pans, serving bowls and serving utensils you would need for a holiday.
* Ablution Block provides septic toilets, 3 hot showers and hand basins, in the adjoining areas of the “Kinkuna House” and the ablution block provides a covered concrete area enclosed with weld mesh for security.
* Upstairs Dormitory – sleeping accommodation is in bunks style beds (pillows, sheets, blankets are NOT provided – BYO)
* Sleeping accommodation is a non-smoking area.
* There is a concrete slab with an outdoor open fire pit available for your enjoyment. (free wood available)
* Pet Friendly (The sleeping area is not pet friendly)
* Should you forget your towel or need an extra blanket, there is a limited stock available.
* Bring warm clothing as it can be quite cool at night even in the summer months.